Jones Coaches is now part of Belle Vue (Manchester) Ltd.
Providing Quality Branded Award Winning Coach Hire.
For a coach hire service that is safer, cleaner and greener please contact:-
JONES COACHES – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
Jones Coaches will be known as The Company. The Customer will be known as The Hirer. It will be deemed The Hirer accepts responsibility by himself/herself for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the conditions of hire as follows-:
1. Quotations. Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and in the information given by the Hirer. The route used will be at discretion of the Company unless the Hirer has requested a particular route, which will be specified in the confirmation letter or invoice. Quotations are valid for 28 days from issue unless some other period is specified. Unless otherwise stated admission charges, meals, accommodation and coach parking charges are not included in the quoted price and the hirer agrees to pay such charges.
2. Use of the vehicle. Unless confirmed in writing by the Company, the vehicle should not be assumed to remain at any point between the outward and the return journey nor to remain available to the Hirer’s incidental use when parked at such points.
3. Seating capacity. The Hirer must not load any vehicle beyond the number of passengers it is legally permitted to carry. This is clearly stated on the inside of each vehicle.
4. Parking Fees. All parking fees are to be paid by the customer.
5. Departure Times. All collection times and departure times are to be adhered to at all times unless agreed otherwise with the Management (not the driver). A maximum of twenty minutes will be allowed if the customer is late.
6. Payment. A deposit is required to secure the booking and the remainder must be paid fourteen days before departure. Failure to pay in full fourteen days before departure will cancel the booking and all deposits will not be returnable. Any jobs under £100.00 must be paid for in advance. For Hen/Stag parties and football coaches a bond of up to £300.00 may be requested in advance and will be refunded 48 hours after the job subject to our terms and conditions being met.
7. Breakdowns. The Company gives its advice on journey times in good faith, however in the event of a breakdown or traffic congestion, beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Hirer as a result. If the vehicle has to be changed prior to the booking for whatever reason a similar or alternative vehicle will be supplied at the discretion of the Company but will always have the same amount of seats or more. If this is unsatisfactory a refund will be given.
8. Refreshments. Food and drink, chewing gum, illegal substances and smoking are not permitted on the vehicle. Although drinks may be purchased from the servery if fitted to the vehicle.
9. Abuse. Any passengers causing abuse either verbal or physical to any person including passengers, members of the public or the driver, will be asked to leave the vehicle and the Police will be informed immediately.
10. Damages to the vehicle. The Hirer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused inside or outside the vehicle by the Hirer or any member of his/her party however caused. This includes incitement to any third party, which results in damage to the vehicle or its’ contents. All stag parties, hen nights, night club trips or any other jobs at the discretion of the management, will require a bond up to the value of £200.00 extra to the deposit paid for the cost of the trip. This is decided at the time of booking at the discretion of the Company. This will be returned 24 hours after the trip has terminated subject to there being no damages to the vehicle. Should there be damages to the vehicle the bond will be non-refundable and put towards damage costs.
11. The driver’s rights. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. He therefore reserves the right to refuse admission to any person/s who he/she considers unfit to travel in the vehicle for whatever reason. The driver can also refuse to continue the journey if any person behaves in a manner which may be detrimental to other people, or the vehicle and its’ contents. In the event no refund will be given. The Company is not responsible or liable for lost property, luggage or personal effects. These are carried on our vehicles at the owner’s risk.
12. Luggage. All luggage must be kept in the boot or side lockers on coaches. Hand luggage only is allowed in the vehicle. Walkways must be kept clear at all times in case of an emergency.
13. Delays. Any delays caused by traffic will not entitle the customer to refunds. At the discretion of the management part refund may be issued in the case of severe delays caused by Jones Coaches.
14. Cancellation. Cancellation of bookings will result in the customer losing their deposit. If cancellation is within 24 hours of the booking being carried out the customer will lose all monies paid.
15. A valeting charge of £100.00 will be levied, through misuse by the Hirer from food, drink or illness.
16. Complaints. Any complaints in respect of the Company’s services should be made in writing to the Company’s office within 14 days.
17. School trips. It is laid down in E. C. Law that all teachers, group leaders and supervisors of a children’s party that it is their responsibility to ensure all children under the age of 16 are to wear their seat belts before the journey begins.
18. A copy of our risk assessment policies are available to download from our website.
. What data do we collect?
. How do we collect your data?
. How will we use your data?
. How do we store your data?
. What are your data protection rights?
. What are cookies?
. What type of cookies do we use?
. How to manage your cookies
. Privacy policies of other websites
. How to contact us
. How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Jones Coaches collects the following information;
. Personal identification information – name, address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Jones Coaches with all of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you;
. Register on one of our school services by completing a contact form
. Booking our services and giving details either over the telephone of my email/ website contact form.
Jones Coaches does not receive your data indirectly from any other source.
How will we use your data?
Jones Coaches collects your data so that we can;
. Process your order and manage your account
. Email you with important weather updates that might affect travel arrangements
. Email invoices throughout the year for school travel or services
Jones Coaches will not share your data with any other party.
Jones Coaches securely stores your data electronically at our office premises at Gaw End Lane, Lyme Green, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK11 0LB.
Jones Coaches will keep your data for the duration of the contract between us and will remove your data thereafter.
Jones Coaches will not contact you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Jones Coaches would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following;
The right to access – You have the right to request Jones Coaches for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Jones Coaches corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Jones Coaches to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Jones Coaches erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Jones Coaches restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to Jones Coaches processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Jones Coaches transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Or call us on 01625 431946 or 01625 431946
Or write to us at; Jones Coaches, 1 Thornycroft Close, Gawsworth, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 9RU.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. We do no operate any cookies on our website.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at Karen@jones-coaches.co.uk
Call us 01625 431946 / 07860 437341
Or write to us at; Jones Coaches, 1 Thornycroft Close, Gawsworth, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 9RU
School Trip Coach Travel Risk Assessment
1. Background, responsibilities, duty of care
Day trips are often undertaken by the Jones Coaches on behalf of schools to a varying number of destinations. Under the advice given by the DfES in their publication ‘Health & Safety of pupils on Educational visits (HASPEV)’ a risk assessment should be carried out on all aspects of the trip, including transport. This risk assessment covers the most common and hazardous risks, but by its generic nature should always be reviewed for the specific conditions likely to be found on each separate trip. If you require further help or advice please contact us.
We would like to assure you that all our staff are trained in their responsibilities to our passengers but would ask that teachers work with drivers to ensure the safety of all pupils. For your information all our drivers are enhanced CRB checked and have a full Category D driving licence.
Duty of care
Jones Coaches has a duty of care:-
. To their own employees
. To passengers, including schoolchildren and group leaders
. To other road users
2. Assessing the risks
The risk assessment process had been broken down into the following headings:
1. Work action & locations/hazards identified.
2. Identify the risks.
3. Identify who might be at risk.
4. Control measures – describes existing precautions
These findings are recorded and are subject to periodic review – normally 12 months, unless there are significant changes or a major incident/series of more minor incidents.
Hazards Risks Who Control
Boarding / Slips, trips, Pupils and . Driver to ensure floor
Alighting Vehicles falls Teachers is free of obstacles,
damage and trip
. Adequate gangway
. Party leader to
. Party Leader to
remind all passengers
of the need to
and with care
. Hand luggage to be
stored out of gangways
Boarding/Alighting Impact with Pupils and . Party leader to
Vehicles other vehicles Teachers supervise careful
boarding and alighting
Driver to ensure coach is parked in a safe place
. Side door to be used (if available) whilst on the continent.
Luggage Loading Sprains, strains Pupils and . Only driver to load
Teachers cases into luggage bay . All very heavy bags to be labelled as such
. No sharp items in luggage
Overhead Storage Injury from Pupils and . Maximum of 7kgs
Falling objects Teachers bags to be stored in
. No glass in overhead bays
. Party leader to check
all bags safely stored
before each journey
Coach Breakdown Pupils and . Coach to be maintained
Teachers In accordance with
. Coach to have adequate
24hr breakdown cover
. Driver to have mobile
telephone and procedure to follow
Coach / Driver Mechanical Teachers, . Coach to be maintained
failure causing Pupils and Driver as above.
crash / injuries . Coach operator to
sustained in a have a Health and Safety
. Driver to be properly
Trained (PSV license
. Drivers breaks taken as
Per EU regulations.
. Drivers to be police-
Checked by operator.
. Party leader to ensure
no-one distracts driver
whilst vehicle is in motion.
. Party leaders to ensure
all passengers use
Passengers Crash caused Pupils and . Party leaders to ensure
Behaviour by distracting Teachers no-one distracts
Driver driver whilst vehicle is
. Party leader to
ensure all passengers use