JONES COACHES – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
Jones Coaches will be known as The Company. The Customer will be known as The Hirer. It will be deemed The Hirer accepts responsibility by himself/herself for every person in his/her party and fully agrees to the conditions of hire as follows-:
1. Quotations. Quotations are given on the basis of the most direct route and in the information given by the Hirer. The route used will be at discretion of the Company unless the Hirer has requested a particular route, which will be specified in the confirmation letter or invoice. Quotations are valid for 28 days from issue unless some other period is specified. Unless otherwise stated admission charges, meals, accommodation and coach parking charges are not included in the quoted price and the hirer agrees to pay such charges.
2. Use of the vehicle. Unless confirmed in writing by the Company, the vehicle should not be assumed to remain at any point between the outward and the return journey nor to remain available to the Hirer’s incidental use when parked at such points.
3. Seating capacity. The Hirer must not load any vehicle beyond the number of passengers it is legally permitted to carry. This is clearly stated on the inside of each vehicle.
4. Parking Fees. All parking fees are to be paid by the customer.
5. Departure Times. All collection times and departure times are to be adhered to at all times unless agreed otherwise with the Management (not the driver). A maximum of twenty minutes will be allowed if the customer is late.
6. Payment. A deposit is required to secure the booking and the remainder must be paid fourteen days before departure. Failure to pay in full fourteen days before departure will cancel the booking and all deposits will not be returnable. Any jobs under £100.00 must be paid for in advance. For Hen/Stag parties and football coaches a bond of up to £300.00 may be requested in advance and will be refunded 48 hours after the job subject to our terms and conditions being met.
7. Breakdowns. The Company gives its advice on journey times in good faith, however in the event of a breakdown or traffic congestion, beyond the reasonable control of the Company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the Company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the Hirer as a result. If the vehicle has to be changed prior to the booking for whatever reason a similar or alternative vehicle will be supplied at the discretion of the Company but will always have the same amount of seats or more. If this is unsatisfactory a refund will be given.
8. Refreshments. Food and drink, chewing gum, illegal substances and smoking are not permitted on the vehicle. Although drinks may be purchased from the servery if fitted to the vehicle.
9. Abuse. Any passengers causing abuse either verbal or physical to any person including passengers, members of the public or the driver, will be asked to leave the vehicle and the Police will be informed immediately.
10. Damages to the vehicle. The Hirer shall be fully responsible and liable for any damage caused inside or outside the vehicle by the Hirer or any member of his/her party however caused. This includes incitement to any third party, which results in damage to the vehicle or its’ contents. All stag parties, hen nights, night club trips or any other jobs at the discretion of the management, will require a bond up to the value of £200.00 extra to the deposit paid for the cost of the trip. This is decided at the time of booking at the discretion of the Company. This will be returned 24 hours after the trip has terminated subject to there being no damages to the vehicle. Should there be damages to the vehicle the bond will be non-refundable and put towards damage costs.
11. The driver’s rights. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. He therefore reserves the right to refuse admission to any person/s who he/she considers unfit to travel in the vehicle for whatever reason. The driver can also refuse to continue the journey if any person behaves in a manner which may be detrimental to other people, or the vehicle and its’ contents. In the event no refund will be given. The Company is not responsible or liable for lost property, luggage or personal effects. These are carried on our vehicles at the owner’s risk.
12. Luggage. All luggage must be kept in the boot or side lockers on coaches. Hand luggage only is allowed in the vehicle. Walkways must be kept clear at all times in case of an emergency.
13. Delays. Any delays caused by traffic will not entitle the customer to refunds. At the discretion of the management part refund may be issued in the case of severe delays caused by Jones Coaches.
14. Cancellation. Cancellation of bookings will result in the customer losing their deposit. If cancellation is within 24 hours of the booking being carried out the customer will lose all monies paid.
15. A valeting charge of £100.00 will be levied, through misuse by the Hirer from food, drink or illness.
16. Complaints. Any complaints in respect of the Company’s services should be made in writing to the Company’s office within 14 days.
17. School trips. It is laid down in E. C. Law that all teachers, group leaders and supervisors of a children’s party that it is their responsibility to ensure all children under the age of 16 are to wear their seat belts before the journey begins.
18. A copy of our risk assessment policies are available to download from our website.